Friday, August 2, 2013

The Move - Friday/Last day of work

Today is the last day at my job of five years. I have mixed emotions of kinda-sad/really-excited. This job has been everything I've known for the past five years and I really love it. However, I'm leaving this job to go on to better things and to do more in the field.

This is going to be a huge change in many ways. First, I'm going to go from working full-time, to being a full-time student. Secondly, I'm moving to a different state (an 8.5 hour drive from my current location). Lastly, my husband is not moving with me. Not permanently, but until he is able to find a job in the Birmingham area. So it's just going to be me and my dog. A change for sure. It hasn't been just the two of us for nearly five years.

On the positive side, we'll be close to three very nice parks, only a mile away from campus, and  we will have SEASONS! This is huge. As someone who has lived in Florida most of her life, I am thrilled, no, ecstatic about seasons.

Saturday is the loading of the truck. Sunday is the drive. Monday is the move in.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment